, UPDATED 5:30PM | Private PPVs and GPs were reportedly told to cease operations as well.
sàn casino đổi thưởng tiền mặt uy tín SỐ 1 ，Bạn có thể nạp và rút tiền với； Ví điện tử ; đồng tiền ảo; usdt; an toàn tiện lợi và có độ bảo mật cao. Mọi thông tin chi tiết xin liên hệ URL:www.vng.app。
The Science, Technology and Innovation Ministry (Mosti) has instructed 29 vaccine administration centres (PPV) in Selangor to be shut down as a large proportion of the population has been fully vaccinated and vaccine demand is expected to slow down.
These closures will happen throughout the rest of August until the end of September across nine districts.
This comes as 73.8 percent of adults in the Klang Valley have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as of Aug 18.
CITF issued a letter to the Selangor government yesterday with a list of which PPVs to close and when. Malaysiakini sighted the letter and CITF confirmed its contents as genuine.
According to the list, some PPVs had already been closed before the letter was issued.
Of the 29 PPVs, 17 will be closed this coming Monday.
In a comment to Malaysiakini, CITF stressed that most Klang Valley adults had already been inoculated.
It added that most PPVs it wanted to be closed were “small in capacity”.
“CITF confirms that the letter is genuine but would also like to highlight the fact that we have vaccinated most of the people in the Klang Valley.
“Also, most of the PPVs that are closed are small in capacity and have served its purpose,” it said.
Despite CITF’s explanation, at least two facilities that it ordered to be closed were mega PPVs - the Mines International Exhibition and Convention Centre (15,000 capacity) and the Setia Alam Convention Centre (13,000 capacity).
The Movenpick Hotel and Convention Centre PPV was also large with a 5,000 capacity.
This was the explanation offered by CITF to the state government and other stakeholders.
The letter also offered an explanation for the move.
“The agreement to close PPVs [...] is to optimise resources in line with how the vaccination rate in Selangor has reached more than 90 percent and is expected to be completed in the near future,” it said in its letter.
It is unclear what the “more than 90 percent” figure refers to but 103.6 percent of adults in the Klang Valley have received their first vaccine dose.
This figure includes communities not captured in the latest census like undocumented people and non-residents.
In a previous comment to Malaysiakini, the government task force had stressed that these closures were guided by vaccination rate data.
“CITF is also in the process of ensuring that no one living in Malaysia is left behind in the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme.
“To this end, CITF is looking at the importance of optimising existing resources as well as cost reductions while balancing the need to ensure there is no difficulty for those who have yet to get vaccinated to do so,” it had said.